Buying a Home
Buying a house is one of the most exciting experiences that life has to offer. That said, finding the perfect home to fit your needs can take a great deal of time and effort. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will be your dream home. There are numerous things to consider-from floor plans, to neighborhood, to amenities, to price. Whether you’re in the market for a condominium or a single-family residence, the same amount of careful thought should be put in the purchase.
Why hire a realtor?
As a member of the National Association of Realtors, The Holden Agency abides by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Each realtor utilizes their knowledge and expertise to:
- negotiate on your behalf, making sure to obtain the best deal on the best home for you
- act as a mediator to avoid potential conflicts between you and the seller
- save you time, money and frustration
- help you understand the importance of each stage of the home-buying process
- help you to understand the current market conditions and home values today
- guide you through the process of a new build
- ensure you receive the most accurate information when purchasing a For Sale By Owner
The Process of Buying a Home
The process of buying home can seem like a complex and overwhelming task. The Holden Agency’s team of knowledgeable and experienced agents will be by your side, guiding you step-by-step through the process.
- Find a realtor you can trust
- Analyze your needs in a consultation
- Obtain financial pre-approval (credit report, verifications)
- Select properties to view
- View properties
- Write an offer to purchase (earnest money, deposit)
- Negotiate and counteroffer
- Ratify contract (inspections, HOA review, remove contingencies)
- Secure underwriting (conditions)
- Termite inspection & survey
- Coordinate with the title company (title exam & title insurance)
- Close on the property
- Take possession of your new home
Evaluating the market to determine the proper purchase price
When making an offer on a home, it is valuable to examine pricing and sales trends in the surrounding area. One way to determine whether the property is priced correctly is with a Comparative Market Analysis. Homes located in close proximity to the property of interest that have similar characteristics (lot size, square feet, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.) are researched. In order to obtain a balanced view of the market, we look at homes that fall into three basic groups:
These homes identify the competition
These homes indicate what buyers are willing to pay
Sales Pending (In-Contract)
These homes show the current demand for a particular type of home
“The Holden Agency was AMAZING! I highly recommend Jerry and his team. He went above and beyond in working to be sure every last detail was taken care of. I understand that buying a home for the first time can be quite stressful, however Jerry did everything in his power to lessen our load in order to make this experience a great one! Needless to say we were so impressed with The Holden Agency and are forever grateful for all their hard work!”
Providing Unparalleled Intelligence through Research & Planning
The Holden Agency provides the intelligence you need to make the buying process easier and make you smarter. Our Research & Intelligence team provides in-depth reports on real estate market trends so that we can assist you in making informed decisions. We also produce materials that will assist you in gaining all the knowledge you need to buy the home of your dreams.
Contact The Holden Agency
Fill out the form below to have one of our agents contact you. Please include a brief message so that we’ll know how to best assist.